Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reflecting...

I've been sitting at home all week while 3 of my 4 children have been sick with coughs and colds and I've had a lot of time to reflect on my life, family, accomplishments, short-comings and overall goals - the good, the bad & the ugly!

I've come to realize that the very thing that my parents told me over and over again while growing up is true... Only you can write the ticket to your own destiny. Even as an adult, this very phrase applies. I can write the ticket to my own destiny! Not only does this apply to me in the business sense, but in every aspect of my life as well.

I need to reprioritize and find some balance in my life. All the changes that I've had to deal with these past couple of years took its toll not only on me, but on my family and the way I've perceived myself. I got lost in the shuffle, put myself on the back burner and have some what been on auto pilot ever since. I'm ready to regain control of my life... be the wife and mother that I want and need to be to my husband and children. Not that I'm bad at either of the two now, I just know that I can be even better.

I want to be more involved with my church and fellowship. This would be wonderful for my family! I need to stay close to my faith because that is what has kept me afloat during the good and bad times. I love the way I feel when I go to church on Sundays... it's amazing - all the love and graciousness I feel when I walk through the doors. It's like receiving a great big hug from the Lord himself. I wouldn't trade that for anything!

I want to build my Stampin' Up! business. I know it's a process and it won't happen overnight, but I know that I can be successful and accomplish this. I just have to set some realistic goals and post them in plain sight because I feel if I can see them, it'll make me work that much harder to attain them.

I know that this post is a little unusual in comparison to my usual posts, but I appreciate the fact that you've indulged me thus far... I really needed to express my thoughts and for some strange reason, I feel relieved. Thanks for stopping by & listening!



As Always~

LIVE.LOVE.LAUGH.getCRAFTY!

1 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

I know what you're saying, I feel the same way! Its good to get it written down though, makes it more "real". Best wishes for a healthier :-) , more prioritized future!