Sunday, October 28, 2007

Do you know what your legacy is?

Today was an interesting day. My sis and I took our boys to church this morning and today's sermon was an eye opener. Toward the end of the sermon, our pastor asked us, "Do you know what your legacy is?" He then proceeded to give us an example when he asked, "Do you know your Great-Grandfather's full name?" I think the entire church was stunned! It was such a powerful question and mind-blowing at the same time... Our pastor continued on to say that all of us would eventually be forgotten by the time we become Great-Grandparents. It was very sad to hear, but at the same time true. It got me to thinking that I have to do my very best to keep up with mine and my husband's families and teach our children the importance of leaving a legacy behind. With scrapbooking, I will definitely be able to do that and each of my children will have albums to pass down to their children and so on and so forth! So please try and make it a point to scrapbook your precious memories so your family isn't left in the dark and eventually forgotten...

0 COMMENTS: